Editor’s Note – Any thoughts that Obama might shift to the center after the drubbing on November 2nd?
Today, he named an avowed socialist devoted not to coexisting with capitalism but to making capitalism extinct as a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom!
The corrupt mainstream media and the far left are quick to condemn those who dare to suggest that Obama is a Marxist, yet, his actions leave little doubt. Of course, he’s not a stupid Marxist, he drops this announcement late on a Friday afternoon when most in the media are already on their third martini.
In what is surely an unrelated matter, the AFL-CIO contributed more than $80 Million to Democrat candidates in the 2010 election.
Obama to Give Highest Civilian Award to Union Boss
President Obama today named AFL-CIO President Emeritus John Sweeney as a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation’s highest civilian honor.
The award is presented to individuals who have made especially meritorious contributions to the security or national interests of the United States, to world peace, or to cultural or other significant public or private endeavors.
Some background on Sweeney via Discover the Networks:
- Former President of the AFL-CIO
- Member of Democratic Socialists of America
- Former President of the Service Employees International Union
- Repealed an AFL-CIO rule prohibiting Communists from being leaders of its member unions
- Instituted “Union Summer” program to radicalize union activists and inculcate class warfare ideas and tactics
- Diverted hundreds of millions of dollars in union member dues to Democratic Party candidates since 1995
According to activist and author Joel Kotkin, a longtime fellow at the Progressive Policy Institute:
“The public-sector unions have pushed the entire labor movement to the left. The [SEIU] has embraced organizations with a New Left origin, such as ACORN and Cleveland’s Nine to Five, and has even set up its own gay and lesbian caucus. The rise of these unions led to the elevation of SEIU’s boss, John Sweeney, to head of the labor federation.
No George Meaney-style bread-and-butter unionist, Sweeney is an advocate of European-style democratic socialism. He has opened the AFL-CIO to participation by delegates openly linked to the Communist Party, which enthusiastically backed his ascent. The U.S. Communist Party [CPUSA] says it is now ‘in complete accord’ with the AFL-CIO’s program. ‘The radical shift in both leadership and policy is a very positive, even historic change,’ wrote CPUSA National Chairman Gus Hall in 1996 after the AFL-CIO convention.”
Sweeney is a card-carrying member of Democratic Socialists of America (DSA), the principal American affiliate of the Socialist International.
- Andrew Giuliani lets TikTok personality ‘Crackhead Barney’ get the better of him during insane exchange - June 11, 2021
- Arrogant Acosta claims to have inside scoop as he trashes Fox News, calls Tucker Carlson ‘race-baiting tyrant’ - June 11, 2021
- BlackRock under fire amid reports private-equity firms are ‘snapping up single-family houses’ - June 11, 2021