Crist Down To 7 Candidates In Search For Fernández Replacement
Gov. Charlie Crist’s office said the governor is now considering the qualifications of seven individuals chosen out of 23 applicants to replace suspended Orange County Commissioner Mildred Fernández. These seven people who were interviewed Thursday by the governor, who will announce his decision next week.
The seven final candidates Crist is considering are (in alphabetical order):
- Luigi (Lou) Damiani Jr., a marketing director and former aide to ex-Commissioner Mary I. Johnson who was Fernández’s rival during her first run for office.
- Armando Gutierrez Jr., who moved here from Miami and made a recent attempt at running against U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson.
- Mary I. Johnson, a former county commissioner who held the seat before Fernández and had retired.
- Eric Lasso, a financial advisor in Orlando.
- State Representative Scott Randolph, an attorney currently elected to District 36.
- Rodney E. Reynolds, a Winter Garden resident who has served on the Winter Garden City Commission.
- Jean Ruiz Sandor, a real estate broker who ran for Orange County Tax Collector in 2008.
Read More – http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_hispanicaffairs/2010/07/crist-down-to-7-candidates-in-search-for-fernandez-replacement.html
- Spokane news station being probed after airing pornographic video during weather report - October 20, 2021
- ‘This is so F–ked’: KISS guitarist Paul Stanley is furious over TX school administrator’s latest move - October 20, 2021
- Ted Cruz’s new bill would create 13 ports of entry for migrants in affluent Dem-run places like Nantucket - October 20, 2021