Contact: Vartan Djihanian
O’Donoghue Presses Grayson to Demand Rangel’s Ouster
(Winter Park, Fl)– Conservative small businessman Bruce O’Donoghue this morning pressed Alan Grayson to demand the immediate resignation of ethically challenged New York Congressman Charlie Rangel, who yesterday was charged with 13 ethics violations by the House Committee of Official Conduct. Grayson, who ran for Congress to “clean up the mess in Washington,” has so far been silent on Rangel while multiple members of Congress from Grayson’s own party have called for his resignation.
“Alan Grayson and Nancy Pelosi pledged to voters to ‘drain the swamp,’ in Washington, DC, but they have only made things worse,” said O’Donoghue. “Alan Grayson has unethically used taxpayer dollars for a DVD to promote himself, provided earmarks to front groups for the AFL-CIO which funded his campaign, and corruptly funneled cash to the sham Florida TEA Party Political Party. If the self-described ‘Congressman with guts’ had any guts at all he would stop circling his wagons around Charlie Rangel and immediately call for his resignation. But I’m not holding my breath that he’ll end his silence and do the right thing, because he’s just as much a part of the unethical, tax-raising gang of big-spenders.”
To date, U.S. Reps. Walt Minnick (D-ID), Patrick Murphy (D-PA), and Betty Sutton (D-OH) have called for Rangel’s resignation.
Below is a list of the 13 charges alleged against Rangel:
1. Conduct in violation of the solicitation and gift ban
2. Conduct in violations of Code of Ethics for Government Service (clause 5)
3. Conduct in violation of the House gift rule
4. Conduct in violation of postal service laws and franking commission regulations
5. Conduct in violation of any franking statute
6. Conduct in violation of House Office Building Commission’s Regulations
7. Conduct in violation of the purpose law and the Member’s Congressional Handbook
8. Conduct in violation of the Letterhead Rules
9. Conduct in violation of the Ethics in Government Act (EIGA) and House Rule 16
10. Conduct in violation of Code of ethics for Government Service (clause 5)
11. Conduct in violation of Code of Ethics for Government Service (clause 2)
12. Conduct in Violation of the Code of Conduct: Letter and Spirit of House Rules
13. Conduct in Violation of the Code of Conduct: Conduct Reflecting Discredibility on the HouseFlorida’s 8th Congressional District is considered a “Tilt Republican” District by the Rothenberg Political Report.
- Cinco De Mayo Edition – Tommy’s Garage - May 8, 2021
- Britain’s Prince Philip dead at 99 - April 9, 2021
- BPR is expanding, hiring full time/part time assistant editor - June 17, 2019