By Billie Tucker
CEO Service Bureau, Inc.
Shirley Sherrod is another victim of a White House Administration that uses surface information, micromanagement and thuggery to get their way.
In the last two years, this administration and Congress has used this type of leadership to push through legislation, failed to understand the consequences of the bills and used thuggery to get the votes they needed to further their ideology.
What happened to Shirley is a terrible thing and we hope she will find restitution in the fact that she has been exonerated and made whole again.
What happened to America and We the People will forever change the way we live our lives and we are still waiting for an apology from this administration and Congress.
They have pushed through way too many bills we do not want and they have put us further into debt against our wishes. One example is the massive healthcare bill that was passed without fully understanding the consequences and without reading it. Ideology instead of cold hard facts permeated the passing of this bill. The people did not want the healthcare bill to be passed without reading it first. We expected our representatives and our President to fully understand the implications of their decision to pass this huge entitlement program. They did not take the time to do so and just like Shirley, we were faced with thuggery of the worst kind on the American people.
We stood outside the halls of Congress and begged them to read the bill and to stop and take the time to know what was in it. Instead of listening, carefully reading and understanding the implications of their vote, they walked through the crowd with a mallet in their hand and shunned the American people.
Nancy Pelosi said, “We need to pass the bill so you can know what’s in it.” Well Ms. Pelosi – we now know what’s in it and it is horrible. It will ruin the best healthcare system in the world and the reason it passed is because you and others used that mallet to get your way. Thuggery leadership is the norm in Washington, DC and you and our other leaders use it well.
We know Thuggery Leadership played a major role in the passing of this bill and many others too. Thuggery leadership never wins. It might for a while but it does not last long term. As a coach to leaders, when we see this type of leadership on an executive team, we have two options:
1. Develop a Leadership Development program for the executive
2. Fire the executive
Most CEOs will choose option #1 and will invest in their people to salvage their careers. Choice #2 shows up when the executive fails to change.
When the CEO, himself, is the thug – this becomes a more difficult experience. When we realize it is actually the CEO who is the issue, we share with them how they are coming across, what the consequences of this type of leadership will do for them and their company and what they need to do to change. If the CEO wants to change – they usually do because they see the devastation this behavior is having on their business and their bottom line. If the CEO does not want to change and does not see he is wrong, we fire the CEO as a client because there is no reason for us to be there.
In this past week, Thuggery Leadership has come to the front of the American stage and it is time for all of us to stand up and demand change.
The NAACP used Thuggery Leadership to slam the Tea Party Movement and we did not fall for it. We knew we were not racists and we stood up and said, “Enough.”
The White House used Thuggery Leadership on Shirley Sherrod and she held her head high, told the truth and said “Enough.”
Whites, blacks, browns, and all colors of the American people deserve better leadership. Thuggery Leadership in America is not working and it is time for all of us to stand up and say “Enough.”
As your coach, We the People see some changes this Administration and Congress can make to right the wrongs and change how they are leading us. Those changes are:
1. Read our founding documents and focus on the blood that has been shed and the sacrifices made by so many to create a free America. Remember the pledge you made to uphold those documents – so help you God.
2. Hold yourselves accountable to each other and the American people by keeping your promises – not to special interests – but to the contract we have with you…the Constitution. Stop manipulating it and shoving it aside to pass legislation that you or your buddies want.
3. Apologize to the American people and ask our forgiveness for this shameful behavior. We are a cool country because we will forgive you IF you show real change in your behaviors moving forward.
4. Stop passing legislation without sitting down together, fully understanding the consequences, putting aside your own personal agendas and stop taking bribes and money from special interest groups.
5. Stop apologizing to foreign countries about our way of life. We have had enough of that and it is time to stand up and say how great we are – because we are.
6. Focus on the real issues at hand and get us out of this mess that YOU created. We did not create it – you did. Be a man and admit you caused this problem and stop blaming others. A great leader admits mistakes and does everything possible to make them right.
7. Listen to us. Answer your phones and sit down and listen to our calls and concerns. Stop sending form letters that do not even address the real concerns. Do not use your boot or your mallet on the America people anymore. Try using a word of encouragement to us who love this country and a strong arm against those who hate us.
If you can follow these simple guidelines, you can keep your jobs. You will be better leaders and you will find the American people will follow your lead.
If you cannot follow these seven guidelines, we will fire you. That is our only option and we will use it.
We have faith in you and are an optimistic people so we are praying that you will heed our message. It will be easier on you and on us if you do so. And, candidly, Thuggery Leadership has no place in America and serves no good purpose. Will you listen to us this time? Will you make the changes necessary to save this great country from debt, despair and depression?
We are counting on you and counting down the days to November 2nd too. That is the day we will determine if you can continue to lead us and if you have made the changes necessary to Serve the People instead of harm the people. May God Save the USA.
- Cinco De Mayo Edition – Tommy’s Garage - May 8, 2021
- Britain’s Prince Philip dead at 99 - April 9, 2021
- BPR is expanding, hiring full time/part time assistant editor - June 17, 2019