Editor’s Note – After at least three recent terrorist attacks on U.S. soil, Alan Grayson feels our troops do not need any further resources. He files yet another silly named bill, making a mockery of the legislative process and ignoring the heightened threat that the citizens of this country face. It is attitudes such as this that will eventually cost hundreds, if not thousands, of American’s their lives. Oh, yeah, he also compares Republican’s to Al-Qaeda…
As for eliminating federal income taxes for those making under $35,000, perhaps our dear ol’ representative should be informed that 47% of Americans currently do not pay imcome taxes. As one who has never met an entitlement program he didn’t like, he doesn’t seem to worry about how to pay for them.
By Alex Leary
Rep. Alan Grayson, Florida’s most colorful member of Congress, files a lot of bills with eye-catching names. They have no chance of passing but the idea is to provoke thought. Today he announced the “War Is Making You Poor Act.”
According to his office it:
- Limits the amount of funding for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Eliminates the federal income tax on the first $35,000 of every American’s income ($70,000 for married couples)
- Cuts the Federal deficit by $15.9 billion
The bill requires the president to fund the wars from the $559 billion budget for defense spending in FY 2011. “There is no longer any need to go beyond the exorbitant base defense budget,” Grayson said. “It is not necessary. Enough is enough.”
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Trump delivers ‘The Real State of the Union’: Come on Joe, you can do it!’ - February 8, 2023
- Kevin McCarthy’s priceless expressions say everything about Biden’s BS SOTU speech - February 8, 2023
- Predictions about Biden’s SOTU address tonight all have ONE THING in common - February 7, 2023
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.