Has America finally found a worthy successor to the Gipper?
The Heritage Foundation scored President Trump as having accomplished 64 percent of its policy recommendations a year into his presidency–higher than Republican Ronald Reagan at the same point in time.
The conservative think tank told the Washington Examiner that Reagan had performed 49 percent of their “Mandate for Leadership” blueprint at this stage of his presidency.
“We’re blown away,” said Thomas Binion, director of congressional and executive branch relations at Heritage, who went on to describe President Trump as “very active, very conservative, and very effective.”
Binion noted the president’s achievements in nearly every aspect of policy, from healthcare to immigration to tax reform and foreign policy.
“It is a huge volume that his administration has worked on and it is a huge spectrum of issues.”
The White House lauded its achievements in a December list that noted 81 major accomplishments and 11 hallmark Obama policies repealed.
Heritage highlighted a number of important actions taken by the Trump administration in its first year, including:
- Leaving the Paris Climate Accord
- Repealing Net Neutrality
- Withdrawing from the UN’s UNESCO agency
- Allowing development of natural resources, including coal and off-shore drilling
- Reinstating the Mexico City policy, which bans funding of foreign abortion groups
“It is absolutely a winning agenda,” Binion proclaimed.
President Trump filed the paperwork for a 2020 reelection bid on Tuesday and announced digital guru Brad Parscale as campaign manager.
Official Brad Parscale announcement pic.twitter.com/wJvYDW9Osd
— Trad American Angel™ (@RightWingAngel) February 27, 2018
The president remains popular with conservatives. A straw poll taken Saturday at the 2018 Conservative Political Action Conference gave the outspoken New Yorker 93 percent approval.
BIG CPAC STRAW POLL RESULTS: 93% APPROVE OF THE JOB PRESIDENT TRUMP IS DOING (Thank you!). 50% say President Trump should Tweet MORE or SAME (funny!). 79% say Republicans in Congress should do a better job of working with President Trump (starting to happen).
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 24, 2018
The Republican president’s tumultuous first year featured a surprising number of achievements, and he doesn’t appear to be slowing down.
Latest posts by Luis Miguel (see all)
- ‘Good-guy’ saves kids in gun-free zone. Broward cop caught asleep on duty. Both have guns. Any questions? - March 21, 2018
- Laura Ingraham hits ‘swamp-dwellers’ hot over Trump’s Putin congrats, Rachel Maddow wants a piece - March 21, 2018
- First openly gay NYC council speaker calls actress Cynthia Nixon ‘unqualified lesbian’ over governor bid - March 20, 2018