‘Wonder Woman’ Gal Gadot reportedly plays hardball over sequel, but wait til you hear what she’s demanding

HOLLYWOOD, CA – MAY 25: Actress Gal Gadot arrives at the premiere of Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Wonder Woman” at the Pantages Theatre on May 25, 2017 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Gregg DeGuire/WireImage)

Actress Gal Gadot, star of “Wonder Woman” has decided to be a superhero for women by deciding that she won’t sign on for a sequel to the runaway box office hit until an accused sexual harasser is pushed out.

The Israeli-born Gadot has said she won’t sign on for another “Wonder Woman” movie until she is assured that Brett Ratner is out.  Ratner has been accused by numerous stars, like Olivia Munn and Natasha Henstridge, of sexually harassing, and assaulting, them.

A source told the New York Post’s Page Six that Gadot is standing against the epidemic of sexual harassment in Hollywood and doesn’t want her hit to help make a sexual harasser more rich than he is.

RatPac-Dune Entertainment, owned by Ratner, helped produce “Wonder Woman” and pocketed a large portion of the $400 million the movie has raked in thus far, the New York Post reported.

“Brett made a lot of money from the success of ‘Wonder Woman,’ thanks to his company having helped finance the first movie. Now Gadot is saying she won’t sign for the sequel unless Warner Bros. buys Brett out [of his financing deal] and gets rid of him,” a Warner Bros. source told the Post.

Image: Google Images

“She’s tough and stands by her principles. She also knows the best way to hit people like Brett Ratner is in the wallet. She also knows that Warner Bros. has to side with her on this issue as it develops. They can’t have a movie rooted in women’s empowerment being part-financed by a man ­accused of sexual misconduct against women,” the source said.

Warner Bros. has severed ties with Ratner amid the allegations, which he has denied, but he is still tied to the “Wonder Woman” franchise.

Gadot wrote a message on Instagram last month against sexual harassment and pledging her support for the women affected.

“Bullying and sexual harassment is unacceptable! I stand by all the courageous women confronting their fears and speaking out. Together we stand,” she wrote.

“We are all united in this time of change.”

A post shared by Gal Gadot (@gal_gadot) on

Wake up right! Receive our free morning news blast HERE

Carmine Sabia

Carmine Sabia

Carmine Sabia Jr started his own professional wrestling business at age 18 and went on to become a real estate investor. Currently he is a pundit who covers political news and current events.
Carmine Sabia

Related Posts