5 years after Hillary left men to die at Benghazi, left is suddenly interested in military timelines

All of a sudden, Democrats care about timelines – and the horrific events that transpired in Benghazi.

In a desperate attempt to smear Donald Trump over a deadly attack in Niger that took the lives of four U.S. soldiers, liberals are screaming this is “Trump’s Benghazi.”

Sgt. La David Johnson, Staff Sgt. Dustin M. Wright, Sgt. Bryan C. Black and Sgt. Jeremiah W. Johnson were killed during a horrific ambush on October 3.  Details of the tragic events were slow to emerge spurring conspiracy theories and wild accusations. Many, aimed directly at President Trump.

Johnson ended up missing and his body was not recovered for two days, the Washington Post reported. The unit’s mission was reportedly supposed to be a routine one, but questions also remain whether the soldiers veered off task.

“What tactical instructions a commander on the ground gave at a given time to cause the units to maneuver, and where they may have been when Sergeant Johnson’s body was found, those are all questions that will be identified during the investigation,” Gen. Joseph F. Dunford said, according to WaPo.

It took U.S. troops at least an hour to report the attack, and another hour before French soldiers were able to reach the ambush waged by ISIS affiliated militants, WaPo reported.

All of this, and the Pentagon’s seemingly slow response on the timeline has energized some on the left into believing this could be Trump’s “Benghazi.”

A political cartoon illustrates how the lies and deception about what transpired in Benghazi went on for over a month and beyond.

A left-wing article that hit social media and was widely shared by those hoping to exonerate Hillary Clinton’s do-nothing response to the horrific ambush in Benghazi on September 11, 2012, claimed Niger was far worse in comparison.

The article claims French fighters were not authorized to help U.S. troops, and a private rescue helicopter ended up retrieving remaining dead and injured US soldiers. Because they were not military, a headcount was not conducted, according to the article, leaving Sgt. Johnson behind.

Dunford doesn’t address the charge on how Johnson was left behind, but his timeline states that the U.S. troops had to battle on their own for two hours.

From WaPo:

There are no indications U.S. troops requested help for the first hour, Dunford said. Once they did, a U.S. drone arrived overhead “within minutes.”

It took another 30 minutes to launch the French Mirage fighters that came to soldiers’ defense, and an additional 30 minutes for them to arrive on scene, Dunford said. So the soldiers were on their own for about two hours.

The Pentagon had said previously that jets were overhead within 30 minutes of the request. Dunford attributed the discrepancy to internal confusion as U.S. military officials assess what happened.

 

While U.S. troops experienced a delay in receiving help, the timeline for the Niger battle is minuscule in comparison to what happened in Benghazi.

A fact not lost on those who’ve been paying attention.

Conflicting reports claim the battle in Benghazi either consisted of two long firefights or one long drawn out one that extended over 20 hours, Fox News reported. There were repeated distress calls made by U.S. officials who were forced to fend for themselves with four Americans dying in the deadly attack.

According to Fox News, soon after the team was barely able to escape to a CIA annex they came under fire again:

Sometime over the next two hours, according to the official Pentagon timeline, Panetta gives the “go code” for two Marine FAST (Fleet Anti-terrorism Security) teams to prepare to leave Rota, Spain. A Special Operations force which is training in Central Europe is told to “prepare to deploy to an intermediate staging base in southern Europe (Sigonella, Sicily), and a Special Operations team in the U.S. is told to prepare to deploy to Sigonella as well.

It isn’t until 2:53 a.m. (about five hours after the incident began) that those orders are formalized by Panetta and the teams are told they can leave.

 

To add insult to tragedy, Hillary’s State Department never convened its top counterterrorism resource: the Counterterrorism Security Group.

“The CSG is the one group that’s supposed to know what resources every agency has. They know of multiple options and have the ability to coordinate counterterrorism assets across all the agencies,” a high-ranking government official told CBS News in November, 2012. “They were not allowed to do their job. They were not called upon.”

Hillary Clinton and the Obama administration tried to sweep their tragic “mistakes” under the rug (at least until after the upcoming election), and blamed the attack on an anti-Islam YouTube video. A claim that was widely panned by Obama critics and ultimately proved to be untrue.

The comparison between the two tragic attacks had Clinton critics fighting mad:

Related Posts