The Trump administration fulfilled another campaign promise Thursday night when it ended an Obama-era program that gave legal status to undocumented parents of American children.
NBC News reported:
— NBC News (@NBCNews) June 16, 2017
A Department of Homeland Security press release issued Thursday said:
“On June 15, Department of Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly, after consulting with the Attorney General, signed a memorandum rescinding the November 20, 2014 memorandum that created the program known as Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents (‘DAPA’) because there is no credible path forward to litigate the currently enjoined policy.”
The press announcement also observed that before DACA had even been implemented, it had received significant pushback from a majority of the states with approval of the federal court system.
“Prior to implementation of DAPA, twenty-six states challenged the policies established in the DAPA memorandum in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas. The district court enjoined implementation of the DAPA memorandum, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit affirmed the district court’s decision, and the Supreme Court allowed the district court’s injunction to remain in place,” the statement said.
“The rescinded policy also provided expanded work authorization for recipients under the DACA program for three years versus two years. This policy was also enjoined nationwide and has now been rescinded.”
The news met with almost universal approval on social media.
Wake up right! Receive our free morning news blast HERE
— Janis (@Janisnz3) June 16, 2017
Ya cant go to any other country in the world and live there without becoming a citizen so why should it be any different here
— Truth Buster (@truthbuster38) June 16, 2017
Finally!!! Some action!!!
— 8in@ 800 yards=1MOA (@m4223556) June 16, 2017
illegal is illegal. get rid of the kids too
— Danny Hebert (@dwhebert3) June 16, 2017
hell yes. Now the dreamers are next.
— America First (@mcshane2448) June 16, 2017
Earlier this week, the Trump administration’s efforts to combat the vicious MS-13 gang bore fruit when federal agents rounded up dozens of its members.
Although the gang originated in Los Angeles, its members have Central American origins, principally El Salvador.
Latest posts by Michael Dorstewitz (see all)
- ‘Act like a grownup’: Drunk driver sobs when she loses plea deal by coming 4 hours late to court - July 23, 2017
- ‘I would’ve fired her the day I met her’: Glenn Beck reveals more about Tomi Lahren mess - July 23, 2017
- Canadian thug beats 74-year-old cyclist bloody with a club in road rage fit– and they say US is more violent? - July 23, 2017