Kevin Daley, DCNF
The Trump administration will issue a new order on the admission of refugees from states with high instances of terror, after the original order’s shoddy drafting and implementation solicited a bevy of court challenges.
The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a lower court ruling temporarily suspending the order’s implementation last week. In a brief filed Thursday before the 9th Circuit, lawyers for the U.S. Department of Justice said the president will issue a revised executive order, as opposed to pursuing further appeals.
“Rather than continuing this litigation, the President intends in the near future to rescind the Order and replace it with a new, substantially revised Executive Order to eliminate what the panel erroneously thought were constitutional concerns,” the filing reads. “In so doing, the President will clear the way for immediately protecting the country rather than pursuing further, potentially time-consuming litigation.”
This story is developing and will be updated as new information becomes available.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]
Latest posts by BPR Wire (see all)
- NY Times op-ed: Charles Manson was a far right-wing idealogue - November 21, 2017
- FCC to introduce plans to roll back Obama-era internet regulations, says report - November 21, 2017
- Study: Before warming a bit, Antarctica underwent 1,900 years of cooling - November 21, 2017