“Schindler’s List” producer Gerald Molen was shaken by last week’s indictment of colleague, conservative author and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza, and he said it has caused him to think twice about how he views the government.
Molen helped produce D’Souza’s film “2016: Obama’s America” and he is currently working with him on the follow-up project, “America,” scheduled for a Fourth of July release.
In an interview with Newsmax, Molen made some chilling comments. Read the exchange from Newsmax:
“I’m a little bit taken aback by the whole thing because he’s such a great American,” Molen said of D’Souza on Newmax TV’s “Steve Malzberg Show.” The conservative writer and commentator understands the process in America and how it works, Molen said.
Molen, who also produced the Academy-award winning “Schindler’s List,” said he has not spoken to D’Souza since he learned of the indictment, and wouldn’t make comments about the specific case until he’s learned all the facts.
Still, he said he would not be surprised if the probe is politically motivated.
Asked by Malzberg if he ever felt threatened or had any feelings they should not have been making the film, Molen answered, “No. This is America. I’ve never had that feeling,” adding, “I’ve never had the occasion to think that I had to fear my government. I never had the thought that I had reason to think I had to look over my shoulder until now.”
But, he said, he wouldn’t be intimidated out of pursuing future projects.
“It certainly gives me reason to think about it, but no, I won’t back off,” he said. “I’ll keep on doing exactly what I’m doing.”
Latest posts by Michele Kirk (see all)
- James Woods has the best take yet on Rosie O’Donnell’s piggy rant! - August 12, 2017
- Jeb mocks the fear mongers and takes Trump’s side on Russia, but he didn’t stop there - December 13, 2016
- This is what happens when Democrats accidentally text a Trump supporter - November 8, 2016