What you are about to read is a much abbreviated version of a piece that appeared in the Huffington Post on November 15.
It was written by Matthew Lynch Ed.D. the author of, The Call to Teach: An Introduction to Teaching. (This appeared next to his name.)
It is disconcerting that as an educator, Mr. Lynch is filling innocent minds with this kind of mush. And we wonder why American students are falling behind the rest of the world.
Do yourself a favor and try to read the entire Huffington Post piece because you will not believe your eyes. But since time is short, start here:
12 Reasons Why Obama is One of the Best Presidents Ever
1. He is for The People. Say what you will about Barack Obama, but unlike the many presidents who preceded him, he cares about what is best for the greater good. He truly does represent The People.
2. He is for civil rights. He has consistently spoken on behalf of the disenfranchised, the underdog and the most controversial members of society -despite the fact that it was politically unpopular to do so at the time.
3. He is for one race – the human race. In just a few short years, Obama’s professional achievements and continued demonstration of equality and integrity have done wonders for race relations. America has never been more unified as a people than it has been under the direct leadership of Barack Obama.
4. He is for a healthcare system that brings hope and healing to the hurting. Obama’s healthcare plan has allowed uninsured Americans to reap the benefits of a universal healthcare system.
5. He is for the middle class.
6. He is for women’s rights.
7. He is for doing away with pomp and circumstance. Let’s be real – Obama is one cool cat.
8. He is for the environment. President Barack Obama has taken a forward thinking approach to creating a red, white, blue and green America.
9. He is for veterans.
10. He is for peace. Let us never forget that Barack Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 -one of the greatest accomplishments any man or woman could hope to achieve in a lifetime.
11. He is for education.
Finally, reason 12 and the last sentence of the piece are not abbreviated because if you are already rolling on the floor then this reason will keep you there. I repeat – this is not a joke.
12. He is for entertaining the masses. If we have to listen to a president yakitty-yak about this or that for another four years, we might as well pick one with charisma and charm. If you can’t find anything else appealing about Obama, you can’t deny the fact that the guy is an amazing speaker with wit, fantastic comedic timing and an incredible intellect. In fact, I will go so far as to say that when the man does finally retire from politics, he has a rewarding and lucrative job as a stand up comic awaiting him if he so chooses. When’s the last time you heard a president joke about drinking beer, belt out Al Green with poise and precision at a moment’s notice and admit to watching the Kardashians?
If these 12 reasons aren’t enough to convince that president Obama is one of the best presidents ever, then you are not thinking objectively!
I am speechless, how about you?
Writing credits include National Review, The Blaze, PJ Media, Daily Beast, RedState, Daily Caller, and Liberty Unyielding
Latest posts by Myra Adams (see all)
- Five reasons why Jeb Bush should drop out now – before entering the 2016 race - May 15, 2015
- BPR Buzzworthy with Bill O’Reilly: How Fox News’ giant chooses his charities, who he’s teaming up with next - May 7, 2015
- BPR Buzzworthy with Dana Perino: She’s about to dish in new book; proudest ‘Five’ moment may surprise you - April 1, 2015