On the one year anniversary of the terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, the White House released a statement saying “we remain committed to bringing the perpetrators of the Benghazi attacks to justice.”
Meanwhile, the “most transparent administration in history,” as President Obama proclaimed earlier this year, appears to be less than committed to uncovering the details of that attack.
According to Rep. Frank Wolf, R-Va., a CIA employee who refused to sign a non-disclosure agreement barring him from discussing the attack in Benghazi has been suspended, the Washington Free Beacon reported.
Fox News reported early last month that some CIA employees were forced to sign nondisclosure agreements in the wake of the Benghazi attack designed to discourage survivors from “leaking their stories to the media or anyone else.”
“My office received a call from a man saying that he knew a CIA employee who has retained legal counsel because he has refused to sign an additional NDA regarding the Sept. 11, 2012, events in Benghazi,” Wolf said last week, as the Free Beacon noted.
“I called the law firm and spoke with CIA employee’s attorney who confirmed that her client is having an issue with the agency and the firm is trying to address it,” Wolf said.
In a letter sent to Congress earlier this month, which was provided to the Free Beacon, CIA Director John Brennan denied charges that the agency forced employees to sign nondisclosure agreements and submit to polygraph tests.
In response to being suspended, the CIA employee has been forced to hire legal council, according to Wolf.
As for transparency, the Free Beacon noted that House Oversight chair Darrell Issa, R., Calif., released a report Monday highlighting “multiple shortcomings in the State Department’s internal investigation” of the Benghazi attack,” in which Issa says that the State Department “obstructed” congressional investigators.