The Obama foreign policy of appeasement doesn’t seem to be working out too well for us.
Last month, the United States delivered the first four of 20 state-of-the-art F-16 fighter jets to the Muslim Brotherhood-controlled Egyptian government. In return for all this generosity, Egypt has denied U.S. interrogators “direct access to the only publicly known suspect in custody in connection with the Benghazi terror attack,” according to Fox News.
Egyptian authorities are holding Abu Ahmed, also known as Mohammed Jama, who, although is not suspected of taking direct part in the Sept. 11 attack, is nonetheless believed to have trained those who did.
“As early as 2011, he [Ahmed] was setting up training camps inside eastern Libya,” Thomas Joscelyn told Fox News. “They were drawing in recruits from around North Africa and Egypt — if you bring them in, train them in terms of how to operate mortars and various types of heavy artillery, and it’s that type of artillery that was used in the attack in Benghazi.”
Joscelyn is with the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, a nonpartisan think tank based in Washington, D.C., that focuses on national security and foreign policy.
“The concern about access to suspects is one of many lingering worries lawmakers have about the terror attack of last year,” Fox News reported.
And yet there’s this obstacle: “The Egyptians like to control the interrogations and interviews of these suspects for their own reasons, and of course, the Americans should want access for our purposes as well,” Joscelyn said.
The day after the Benghazi attack, which resulted in the murder of four Americans, including a U.S. ambassador, President Obama said, “We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.”
I guess he forgot.
Latest posts by Michael Dorstewitz (see all)
- Conservative House Republicans just declared war against establishment GOP - October 8, 2015
- Joe Biden delivers HILARIOUS low blow to Hillary - October 8, 2015
- Wednesday marked 19 years for Fox News, see opening launch footage - October 8, 2015