If you’re a gun owner in Missouri, you may want to consider moving to another state – say, Texas.
Democratic state Reps. Rory Ellinger and Jill Schupp introduced a bill that very loosely defines “assault weapons,” giving the owners of such weapons 90 days to get rid of or incapacitate them. Since the bill’s introduction, Reps. Margo McNeil and Rochelle Walton Gray, both Democrats, have signed on as co-sponsors.
Missouri House Bill 545, introduced Tuesday, defines an assault weapon as being any semi-automatic rifle, shotgun or pistol having at least one characteristic the bill’s sponsors deem undesirable such as a folding stock, pistol grip or barrel shroud.
It would also make any magazines having a capacity of more than 10 rounds illegal.
The bill is similar to one introduced in the U.S. Senate by Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., except in one respect: The Feinstein bill, as draconian as it is, includes a “grandfather clause,” allowing the owners of such weapons to retain them. The Missouri bill does not.
Instead, the Missouri measure would institute these mandates:
4. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:
(1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;
(2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or
(3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.
5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony.
Yes, you read that right — felony. On day 90 you’re a law-abiding gun owner; On day 91 you’re a felon. Welcome to Amerika, comrade.
University sponsors ‘unfair to be white’
Latest posts by Michael Dorstewitz (see all)
- SNL turns Kellyanne Conway into Anna Nicole Smith – way to respect women, libs! - January 22, 2017
- Spicer’s first WH press conference made jaws drop globally; media still stinging, say he went too far - January 22, 2017
- Michelle Obama’s inauguration behavior ‘took over the internet’ – she couldn’t hide the nasty ‘side eye’ - January 21, 2017