A political action committee has just announced its “hit list” of 10 most wanted GOP House members up for re-election in 2014, according to Roll Call.
The House Majority PAC is a super PAC whose goal is to return power over the U.S. House of Representatives to the Democratic Party. According to its Facebook page, “House Majority PAC’s mission is to help Democrats regain and hold U.S. House seats by competing with the outside groups on the Right and working with progressive allies.”
The PAC got its start after the shellacking the Democratic Party received in the 2010 midterm elections, requiring U.S. Rep. Nancy Pelosi of California to turn her speaker’s gavel over to U.S. Rep. John Boehner of Ohio.
The following is the PAC’s list of targeted incumbents:
• Rep. Michele Bachmann – Minnesota’s 6th
• Rep. Mike Coffman – Colorado’s 6th
• Rep. Gary G. Miller – California’s 31st
• Rep. Rodney Davis – Illinois’ 13th
• Rep. Michael G. Fitzpatrick – Pennsylvania’s 8th
• Rep. Michael G. Grimm – New York’s 11th
• Rep. Joe Heck – Nevada’s 3rd
• Rep. David Joyce – Ohio’s 14th
• Rep. John Kline – Minnesota’s 2nd
• Rep. Steve Southerland II – Florida’s 2nd
Should the GOP be concerned? I’ll let the results speak for themselves.
Out of 20 Republican candidates the PAC targeted in 2012, nine were defeated:
Charles Bass of New Hampshire, Ann Marie Buerkle of New York, Francisco Canceco of Texas, Robert Cornilles of Oregon, Raymond “Chip” Cravaack of Minnesota, Dan Lundgren of California, Robert Todd “Bobby” Schilling of Illinois and, of course, tea party favorite Allen B. West of Florida.
Also targeted was Robert L. “Bob” Turner of New York, who chose to run for the U.S. Senate rather than seek re-election in the House. He was defeated in his Senate bid.
The PAC’s top 2012 donors included the Teamsters Union, the Laborers Union, International Association of Fire Fighters and Service Employees International Union — all labor unions.
Another top donor was Newsweb Corp., a Chicago-based commercial printer specializing in foreign language and alternative newspapers.
The 2012 election is barely over, and the battle lines for 2014 have already been drawn.
Other top stories include:
Hagel completes Obama’s three stooges
Latest posts by Michael Dorstewitz (see all)
- Nature serves ISIS fighters brutal justice when they’re pummeled to death by ‘rampaging wild boars’ - April 25, 2017
- GOP governor participates in SWAT team challenge; former Navy SEAL still has what it takes - April 24, 2017
- ‘Where’s my son’s sanctuary?’ Father of a young boy who was killed by an illegal pushes back at libs - April 24, 2017