Three State Department officials and Eric Boswell, the assistant secretary of state for diplomatic security, are expected to return to work despite the announcement of their resignations last week. The publicly announced resignations were tied to the scathing State Department-ordered report condemning the “systemic failures” that resulted in the deaths of four American diplomats in Libya. The four officials remain on the State Department payroll and according to the Post, they will be back to work soon.
From the New York Post’s exclusive report:
The four were made out to be sacrificial lambs in the wake of a scathing report issued last week that found that the US compound in Benghazi, Libya, was left vulnerable to attack because of “grossly inadequate” security.
State Department leaders “didn’t come clean about Benghazi and now they’re not coming clean about these staff changes,” a source close to the situation told The Post., adding, the “public would be outraged over this.”
US Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans were killed in the Sept. 11 attack, originally blamed on a spontaneous demonstration against a US-made anti-Islam video that got out of hand.
That version was dismissed by an Accountability Review Board headed by retired Ambassador Thomas Pickering.
In response to questions from The Post, the State Department would only reissue the carefully crafted statement put out last week.
Find more details in the report by Josh Margolin.
Latest posts by BizPac Review (see all)
- A lot of ‘AMENS’? Mississippi pastor thanks God for saving our nation and ‘bringing down Jezebel’ - November 28, 2016
- Trump makes Hillary EAT her own words after defeated, demoralized Dems join recount scam - November 27, 2016
- Now that Dems are gone, Christiane Amanpour says it’s time for ‘real reporting’ – fears for press freedom - November 23, 2016